A New Era Of Consumer Behaviour and Communications
Today, enterprises are undergoing rapid digital transformation. As the world embraces a post-COVID-19 work scenario, companies are innovating their marketing and sales strategies to fit the scene. For any business to jump off the books, the adoption of new technologies is imperative. Now more than ever, imagination is important for devising and executing novel ways to bridge the gap between demand and supply. Innovative strategies that are effective are always catalyzed by technology – specifically automation. The power of AI enables organizations to scale and accelerate business functions. This results in efficiency and efficacy. The applications of artificial intelligence are endless. It is on thought leaders and decision-makers to understand and internalize the concept to think of new, innovative ways of decimating business issues, generating additional streams of revenue, and gaining a competitive edge. Enterprises that adapt and adjust their business models to incorporate digital technologies, re-imagine their customer journeys for the current and future needs, and implement AI solutions are the economic Moghuls of tomorrow.
The path to AI can be non-conventional at first; it’s difficult. There’s much that goes into building the perfect AI solution, and one that fits your business needs. As many rush to automation for answers, it is crucial to understand which conversational AI platform is for you.
This is where we come in. Our meticulous Conversational AI Platform comes with a complete guide that can be used by C-level executives across industries to better understand how to utilize the capabilities of AI, for optimizing and streamlining business processes. This white paper discusses our utilization of conversational AI for digital advertising to help marketers yield better ROI from their strategies.
- As per new data, we have darted five years forward in consumer and business digital adoption in just about eight weeks. Banks have moved to remote sales and service teams and launched digital outreach to customers to make flexible payment arrangements for loans and mortgages.
- Schools have pivoted to 100 percent e-learning and digital classrooms.
- Grocery stores, retailers have fully transitioned to online sales and marketing using channels such as Websites and now, WhatsApp.
- Many brands that have reopened stores have availed an endless aisle capability further enhanced by conversational AI. This conversational commerce solution saves an enormous amount of inventory and physical store space.
- In a digital survey to check on the sentiment of consumers under COVID-19 conducted by McKinsey&Co, 75 percent of people using digital channels for the first time show that they will continue to use them when things return to ‘normal’.
- Work and leisure-related behavior will see the increased digital activity as per McKinsey’s research.
- Depending on the category, 40 to 60 percent of consumers showed that they intend to stick to new digital products and services adopted during COVID.
- Consequently, certain applications have witnessed a surge in usage, including WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- A 2019 survey conducted by Harvard Business Review stated that nearly half of the enterprise marketers rated mobile messaging as highly important today. It is estimated to be over two-thirds when asked about its importance in the next five years. The survey also showed that enterprise marketers rely more on messaging apps over mobile apps.
- And some capabilities that enterprise marketers look for from these apps are as follows.
AI-Powered Advertising and Marketing Solutions
As we witness a demand for enterprises to converse with consumers on platforms, they are most active on, today, Yellow Messenger’s AI-powered conversational digital media solutions offer marketers & digital agencies a new and amplified way to attract and engage consumers, gather new data, shorten sales cycles, and drive substantial outcomes across over thirty-five channels including web, voice, and chat.
- Lead Generation and Qualification
Today, the challenge for brands is to cut through the chaos of many others and grab user attention in seconds. Display ads have a limited area to work with when you have to convey information and do so in seconds. These ads used to comprise static images that directed users to a landing page for further information. The additional step of redirecting users to a landing page will always bear the risk of some drop-offs. Besides, the leads captured may not be fully qualified to fall under a sales funnel. Analysts predict having a 50% higher success factor with an accurate database to work on. Yellow Messenger’s Conversational advertising can help fill these gaps.
Conversational Display Banner Ads
Why settle for static banners when you can make your banner dynamic with conversational ad units? Conversational display banners help brands engage with prospects and collect leads on a real-time basis. It helps to –
- Zero Drop-Offs: Your conversational banner is not only an advertisement but also an engagement tool where you can capture user details.
- Speedy execution: Study the interactions on your display ad and instantly change, deploy your campaign to fit your dynamic strategy.
- Higher conversion: Your banner ad can interact with customers on a real-time basis, ask the right questions, and even learn with every interaction to provide a better experience for every campaign.
Conversational Landing Page
In a first of its kind implementation, you can now capture 100% of your leads from digital channels and converse with them instantaneously on WhatsApp, PWA site, or a conversational landing page. The user’s details including phone numbers are captured and pushed into the CRM. Every user’s interaction is validated and stored as part of our predefined conversational AI journey. This means every interaction with the conversational landing page can be captured, analyzed, and used to tweak future campaigns for better results.
Offline to Online Conversion
Converge your customers from print, TV, and digital ads by allowing them to scan a QR Code and engage with your brand on a communication channel of the customer’s choice, on-demand, at scale.
Intelligent Lead Qualification
Want more information about your website visitors or advertising generated leads? Yellow Messenger’s chatbot (on text and voice) is an expert lead-qualifier. It can pick up the intent from user conversation and assign detailed values to the leads as per your qualifying attributes. This way, you know your customers, and know your buyers for your next step of lead nurturing.
The chatbot not only accurately qualifies the leads for the sales team to further pitch to the prospects but also identifies pain-points in your journey in order to increase efficacy and allow optimization.
Yellow Messenger’s conversational AI platform allows you to create campaigns across social and traditional channels to foster engagement and point-of-sale—from in-store to mobile, sales, referral, social, and support.
The lifetime value of a customer is best actualized by an intelligent and always-on demand virtual assistant that can nurture and fulfill your leads; prospects and customers.
With brands going omnichannel, it’s hard to unify the customer’s experience of in-store and digital storefronts. Let a virtual assistant help your customer with aiding their product discovery, unifying the brand experience, and keeping customers engaged.
Endless aisle is the ability to display, access, and sell inventory enterprise-wide, allowing retailers to meet in-store shoppers’ wants by ‘stocking’ stores with a never-ending supply of SKUs. Mobile-equipped associates, kiosks, and smart screens are fast becoming essential for stores of all sizes that want to compete with the online disruptors.
Let AI be your salesman recommending products your customers are more likely to purchase. With push notifications and contextual upselling across channels, you can drive 10X revenue.
Aid product discovery and sales on channels preferred by your customers. With an always-on store on WhatsApp, Alexa, Google Assistant, and more omnichannel sales are closer than you think.
Communication Channels of Interest for Advertisers
Businesses everywhere now utilize basic Short Message Service (SMS) apps that reach consumers in their native messaging app which is almost always on their phone’s home screen. Over-the-top (OTT) messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp offer richer UI than SMS typically provides, but they are not native messaging apps. A successor to SMS, the Rich Communication Services (RCS) platform, is designed to deliver rich functionality in a native, universal messaging app.
Google’s Business Messages
Business Messages is a conversational channel that combines entry points on Google Maps, Search, and brand websites to create rich, asynchronous messaging experiences. With our chatbot deployed on this channel, anyone who searches for a product/ service that you offer can directly converse with your chatbot on business messages and complete a transaction. From discovery to sales; all in a matter of a few minutes.
Google’s RCS Messaging
Provide rich conversational experience on traditional messaging platforms. RCS messaging upgrades SMS to provide branded messaging rich with media, interactivity, and branding.
Apple Business Chat
Apple Business Chat is a way for customers to connect with businesses via Safari, Maps, and Messages. Apple Business Chat supports rich media like images, videos, and documents. People can easily get assistance, schedule appointments, and complete purchases with Apple Pay, right from within Messages.
Mobile Messaging App Platforms
The low barrier entry for businesses and target audience makes it easy and also cost-efficient to deploy bots on messaging platforms. If you want to communicate with your customers, advertise to them, connect with them, building a bot is a lot cheaper than building a mobile app. A Nielsen survey found that people find messaging to be the second-best way to talk to a business. People exchange 2 billion messages with businesses over Facebook Messenger every month, alone. Compare this to the rest of the mobile app market, where 71% of users delete an app within 90 days. Meanwhile, marketing email click-through rates (3.1% on average) haven’t improved in years. Only 30% of marketing emails are opened.
Chatbots can help you bypass inbox competition too.
- By 2021, there will be about 3.1 billion Facebook Messenger users globally.
- Over 20 billion messages are exchanged between business and users monthly on Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger is one of the leading messaging platforms in the US with over 2 million monthly downloads.
- Messenger marketing leads to 70% better open rate than email marketing.
- While Facebook has 6 million advertisers, there are only 300,000 active chatbots. This is a lot less competition.
WhatsApp For Business
- WhatsApp is the world’s most popular mobile messaging app with 1 billion daily active WhatsApp users.
- India is the biggest WhatsApp market in the world, with 200 million users (it’s estimated in some quarters that this has increased to 300 million)
- Next is Brazil with 120 million WhatsApp users.
- 450 million users of WhatsApp Status, eclipsing Snapchat Stories.
- We are official partners with WhatsApp and are the first in the world to provide businesses with WhatsApp’s latest interactive features including buttons along with providing verified accounts.
- Businesses around the globe are rushing to take their businesses to WhatsApp for a direct-to-consumer selling. Your leads can land on your WhatsApp page from promotions, make a purchase, payment and get into the funnel, in a matter of minutes.
- It cuts overhead costs and connects brands with global consumers, effortlessly.
- WeChat has 1.17 billion users as of first quarter, this year.
- Over 45 billion messages exchanged daily.
- It’s the 5th most used social app in the world.
- A whopping 46TB of data is consumed on WeChat over 1 minute of the morning rush hour.
- 400 million monthly players of WeChat mini-games.
- As of mid-March, 300 million WeChat users used WeChat Health to access pandemic updates, online consultation, and AI-powered self-assessment related to the coronavirus outbreak.
- 1 billion WeChat Pay commercial transactions per day in Q4 2019.
- 72 million businesses registered to WeChat Pay in 2019.
- 50 million monthly active merchants on WeChat Pay in Q4 2019.
- 100 million users of credit rating system WeChat Payments Score within a year of launch.
- 820 million users sent or received a Chinese New Year red package over WeChat in 2019.
- WeChat drove $50billion into the Chinese economy in 2017.
- Over 1 billion users as of 2020.
- Viber users regularly interact with products and brands on the network. According to official Viber statistics, the average user views 28 products in a month.
- 7 million interactions happen every minute on Viber.
- 1 in 4 customers taps the buy button.
- 260 million monthly active users as of January 2019.
- 668 million sticker packs were downloaded in 2017.
- 13 different product “Likes” per month per customer.
- Companies using Viber’s messaging technology can send rich content with images, buttons, and up to 1000 text characters in any language.
- 59% of Southeast Asia’s smartphone users have Viber installed.
- Viber is available in 32 languages.
- Coca-Cola was able to drive more than 680,000 users to chatbot interactions on Viber, 29,000 “under-the-cap” code redemptions, and a 30% conversion rate.
- People in their 40s are the biggest users of Kakao Talk, spending 97% of their time on their phones using the app.
- Interestingly, the age group with the lowest usage was ages 10-19 with 90%, while Facebook usage was much higher than other demographics at 8%.
- The firm says that a survey showed that 95% of smartphone users had KakaoTalk installed on their phones.
- This compared to Facebook messenger at 2% and Telegram, Line, and WeChat at 1%.
- Koreans spend the most time on their phones using KakaoTalk than any other app, according to app data company Wiseapps.
- According to We Are Social and Hootsuite’s Digital 2019 LINE stats, LINE counted 194 million global users as of the beginning of 2019.
- The total population of Japan is 126.8 million. With 80 million LINE MAU in Japan LINE has an extremely high level of penetration in Japan.
- LINE Pay users numbered 7.4 million in Q2 2019 – a 118% year-on-year increase.
- LINE Starbucks Card, a prepaid digital card for use in the coffee chain attracted 2.5 million users within one month of its launch in April 2019. Users can also sign up for Starbucks Rewards.
- 78.8% growth in shopping transaction volume year-on-year, with LINE SHOPPING, GO, allowing offline shopping.
- Food transaction volume has increased by 76.3% year-on-year, with LINE Pocket (a non-delivery takeaway service) released in April 2019.
- Delivery business LINE Delima reported 118.7% year-on-year growth in Q4 2018.
- Of the revenue generated in Q2 2019, 55% came from advertising, 32% from communication/content/other, and the remaining 13% from strategic business.
- Industry wise usage of the app includes – News & Media – 6.53%
- Computers Electronics & Technology – 5.34%
- E-commerce & Shopping – 3.80%
- Science & Education – 3.72%
- Others – 80.61%
- Together with other super apps like Go-Viet and Grab, Zalo is the biggest player on the local market, and its global outreach is also expanding.
- It is the highest used app in Vietnam. USA is next.
Optimise your marketing and advertising strategy to get the most out of your spends. Schedule a demo with us, today.