What would the world be without telecommunication? Think of the time from when you first wake up to go to sleep. There are millions of people, relying on this service. To be precise, 150 million people worldwide use telecommunication services, according to the Forest-Interactive 2020 Telecommunications Industry Roundup report.
This report further states that during the pandemic, the telecommunications sector saw a massive spike in data traffic and increased use of broadband services; for eg: Europe saw a spike as high as 70% within the first 2 weeks of lockdown.
And for this very reason, in the post-pandemic world catalyzing mobile and internet services along with its support with the help of digitizing is high on telecommunication industries C-suit agenda as per the report. As the number of mobile and internet customers rises, so does the need for providing support.
Telecommunication Industry is a fast adapter of technology and has survived major disruptions, may it for providing fast internet service or for providing their customers with 24/7 support. AI-enabled Intelligent Virtual assistant has been a great catalyst in fastening the process of automating the self-service for telecom customers.
Let’s deep dive into why precisely the Telecom industry is focusing on adopting intelligent virtual assistant for customer support.
Why does the Telecom Industry need Intelligent Virtual Assistants?
Need for 24/7 support: Need for The Telecom Industry is one industry that needs to enable 24/7 customer support, and until last year it was done via customer support centers; again, the very evident drawback is high cost and time wasted in facilitating this.
Constant Redirection: Another thing that irks the telecom customers is constant redirection. For different queries, the customers are redirected to various lines and have to endure a long waiting period.
Repetitive Queries: Did you know? Most of the time, the type of questions that are set up in front of an agent is pretty repetitive. Like price, tariff plan, account status, blocking a number, etc. These questions can be easily automated via a chatbot.
Thousand customers to one agent: There are millions and millions of customers in the telecom industry, and very few agents to handle the queries for these customers.
N number of Languages: In India itself, there are 21 languages spoken, so let’s just forget about the world. Knowing all the languages is not possible for an agent. But it is possible for an Intelligent Virtual agent.
Now that we know why exactly do we need Intelligent Virtual agents. Now let’s look at how an Intelligent Virtual agent can disrupt the Telecom Industry.
Use Cases of Intelligent Virtual Assistants for Telecom Players
- 24/7 Customer Support: Even if your agents are sleeping, the intelligent virtual agents are awake and handling every query 24/7 – 365 days. Ensuring no lead or query goes unanswered.
- Personalized Support: Chances are most of them have contacted telecom customer support for either blocking a lost number or to enquire number potation or well anything. And have got the reply back from the helpdesk as “If your question concerns a financial matter – press 1, a technical matter – press 2, etc. Well, Chatbot does this for your customers and more, but in a more personalized manner. Personalized support helps in building a loyal customer base. Like here, our Airtel Lanka bot is catering to customer queries.
“A 5% increase in customer retention can produce 25%more profit” – Bain
- Handle Repetitive questions and provide agent support on demand: Facilitating all the FAQs in Yellow Messenger’s voice/chatbot to help solve customer’s queries quickly and the virtual assistant can even help the customers with all repetitive tasks like recharge, balance inquiry, etc. And as and when required can transfer the call to the right agent, removing the long waiting period and redirection.
- Multilingual AI-powered Virtual Assistants: Telecom customers can be from anywhere in the world and may speak any Marathi, Sindhi, Cantonese, or any other language. Yellow Messenger’s Chatbots are multilingual and support all languages. We use a sentence-based model which is more accurate than the standard word-based model for better understanding and identification of the context and user intent accurately.
Read more about our Multilingual chatbots.
- Multichannel: Yellow Messenger’s Chatbots designed for telecom firms can be deployed on any or all platforms. Let it be Website, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Viber, Google search page, application, or website.
- Self Service: By facilitating automated customer support with the help of a chatbot, Telecom Industry can catalyze the self-servicing that most of the customers prefer at this age. They prefer either using a portal to self serve or sending a message to the business over a call.
“Nearly 1/3 of customers report sending a mobile/SMS message to the company requesting assistance.”
- Cross Sale and Up sale: Yellow Messenger’s Chatbot are working on the best NLP engine in the market, with the aid of cognitive machine analytics they can guess the user intent and journey and provide the right product at the right time.
Yellow Messenger’s AI-powered Virtual Assistant for Telecom Industry
Airtel does not need any introduction. Bharti Airtel Lanka Ltd is the Sri Lankan subsidiary of Indian multinational telecommunications company Bharti Airtel. Bharti Airtel Lanka commenced commercial operations of services in Sri Lanka in 2009
The telecom multinational company has a subscriber base of more than 3 million. And with such a high customer base comes a huge task of providing resolution to customer’s query.
For this very purpose, Airtel SriLanka launched its Live agent bot on multiple platforms with the support of Yellow Messenger.
The chatbot is live on their website, Viber, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Google’s Business Messages and will be further deployed on their application. The chatbot is live in English and Sri Lankan Tamil.
Give the Airtel Lanka’s Intelligent Virtual Assistant a go – Airtel Bot
A big name in the Telecom Industry. CellCard or CamGSM Co. Ltd. is Cambodia’s longest-serving Telecommunications Company with more than 20 years of operation and a customer base of more than three million subscribers.
Cellcard Intelligent Virtual assistant supports English as well as the native language Khmer. Cellcard bot is deployed for many use cases on their website and Telegram. A few of the use cases are:
- Browse for plans
- Buy new sim
- Provide Feedback and Support
- Live agent support
Give CellCard Cambodia’s Intelligent Virtual assistant a go – CellCard Bot
One certain thing we observed on deploying Intelligent Virtual assistants for our clients like Airtel Lanka and CellCard Cambodia that these chatbots were able to deliver great customer satisfaction, user engagement, and save a lot of time and money.