The world’s most popular messaging application started allowing brands and consumers to connect over its platform in 2018. With WhatsApp Business, brands attained the power to connect with their customers on their preferred channel.
Before WhatsApp opened up to brands, companies would use emails, SMS, advertisements to reach out to their customers. But that’s history now. With diminishing funnels and open rates, the traditional channels are no competition to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Business Notification was one of the features introduced by WhatsApp. It is nothing but a push message for WhatsApp. There are certain conditions under that businesses can send notification as per WhatsApp guidelines. Businesses can send reminders, account updates, and other alerts to their customers.
WhatsApp is a clear winner when it comes to customer preference, cost, and interface. Businesses can send messages to customers by selecting one of the 250 templates defined by WhatsApp. There are 11 conditions/templates defined by WhatApp allowing businesses to send notifications to customers. These templates are designed keeping customer delight in mind
What are WhatsApp Business Templates?
WhatsApp Business templates are the format of messages that a business can send a user over and over post the users have opted-in. Currently, there are 250 templates provided by WhatsApp. WhatsApp reviews the template submitted by the business along with all the necessary documents in 24-48 hours. Once it is approved, you can use it to send business messages/notifications to the customers.
Creation Of WhatsApp Business Templates
Templates messages use curly brackets to instill placeholders and replace dynamic content. There are few rules to follow for the same:
Template Name: The message template should contain lowercase alphanumeric characters and underscores ( _ ). No whitespace or other characters are allowed.
Components: You can fill in the message with texts, media, pdf, doc, and emoticons including parameter placeholders. Newlines, tabs, and more than 4 consecutive spaces are not allowed.
Translations: Translations as per the business is allowed.
Non – Template WhatsApp Messages
If a WhatsApp user or your customer sends you a message – it can be a reply to one of your outbound messages or have initiated the conversation for certain inquiries. WhatsApp gives a “24-hour window” also called a ‘24-hour session” allowing you to send messages to the user without leveraging any templates. After the 24-hour session, the messages must contain a template.
What are WhatsApp Notification templates?
Leveraging WhatsApp Business API, Enterprises can send notifications regarding updates like payment, reservation, account update, etc to their clients. When a message is sent successfully, the enterprise receives a notification stating the message is sent, delivered, and read. WhatsApp has defined 11 WhatsApp Notifications templates. In this article, we will explicate all 11 categories.
11 WhatsApp Approved Notification Templates
WhatsApp is GDPR compliant, meaning that without user consent you can’t send any messages to your customer/user. You can get the activation for WhatsApp messaging while providing your service, via your website, SMS, email, etc.
WhatsApp Notification templates should fall in these following categories to be approved by WhatsApp:
Account Update: We can send notification regarding updating of accounts or changes in the account via WhatsApp notification. This way if any unauthorized activities regarding account take place, the customer can be updated in real-time.
Alert Update: Send new business alerts and updates notifications via WhatsApp. This way your customer is up to date with your business.
Payment Update: Send an update to your customer regarding payment transactions, invoice to your customers. You can send notifications when the transaction is done.
Appointment Update: Using WhatsApp notification you can send reminders, confirmation of meeting, or other appointment-related notifications.
Reservation Update: Send reminders, confirmation, or update regarding customer’s reservations.
Auto Replies: Automate all your auto-replies like when your business is not online, or when you will provide any new service.
Shipping Update: Send shipping updates regarding a client’s parcel or order through WhatsApp.
Issue Resolution: Send resolution to customers’ queries, questions, or feedback via WhatsApp notification.
Finance Update: You can send updates like account balance or any personal account finance related to your customers.
Ticket Update: Businesses can send ticketing information or Updates to customers, through WhatsApp. For eg live agent information can be sent instantly to customers.
Transportation Update: Track your packages or send every transportation information and updates to customers using WhatsApp notification templates.
WhatsApp Notification Status
The notification the enterprise receives when a message is sent is as follows:
- Sent: When a message is sent by the business and is received by the user. To receive this notification set sent_status set to true. Sent status notification is off by default
- Delivered: Message sent by the enterprise is delivered to the customer/user.
- Read: Once you enable the read notification, you can receive the notification whenever the user reads your message.
- Failed: When the user cannot receive the message, you get a notification failed.
- Deleted: Message sent by the user/customer to you, when is deleted by the user/customer, a notification is received stating Deleted
Opt-In for WhatsApp Business Notification
95% of consumers believe ‘customer service’ is a major beneficiary of chatbots according to a survey by Drift. What better way than having a Chatbot for all automated messages on the customer’s preferred platform. Here are a few reasons you should consider having WhatsApp Business API for all your Notification needs:
- Cost Saving: Receiving WhatsApp notifications is free for your recipients. It is much more cost-efficient than SMS. Businesses have to pay for notifications if the message is sent outside the 24 hour service period. Cost according to the city is given here.
- Message Opening Rate: According to a study, the average Email opening rate is 17.80%. Much lower than WhatsApp. According to Statista, the number of active WhatsApp users are more than 1.5 billion. It is observed that customers prefer using WhatsApp more than any other messaging application.
- Security: WhatsApp messages are 2 way encrypted and are GDPR compliant. Ensuring complete safety of all confidential information like account details, balance, ticket information, etc.
- All Content Support: Unlike SMS, where you have to suffice your notification to a few words and not able to add a file, on WhatsApp you can send custom messages according to the template and add pdf, documents, etc.
More articles on WhatsApp Business Solutions:
- WhatsApp’s must-have template for Marketers
- 6 Ways WhatsApp Chatbots can Improve Customer Experience
- WhatsApp Business API – Everything You Need To Know
- FAQs on WhatsApp Chatbot Integration
- The next big thing in WhatsApp Business Automation
- WhatsApp Business Opt-In FAQs
- Five Benefits of Yellow Messenger Conversational Ads Platform